What does the alignment consist of?
Each car is designed according to parameters established by the manufacturer according to the steering and suspension components, the size of the wheels and the weight of the car.
The wheels at equal angles ensure that they all go in the same direction and I know that the forces that are generated in the wheels during the movement of the car are balanced so that you can drive the car smoothly.
Symptoms of misalignment in the vehicle
• The car pulls to one side. If the car pulls especially to one side, it may be a symptom that the camber and/or caster indicates problems with the tires.
• The steering wheel is not straight. To go straight you have to turn the steering wheel a bit to a position other than the center position
• Uneven tire wear. There is wear on one side of the tires, especially you can see more wear on the inside of the tire or outside.
• Vibrations and noises when driving. The car is not smooth to drive. The steering wheel may feel stiffer than normal and you may be able to turn one way easier than the other. You may feel intermittent vibrations when driving, this may disappear if you change the speed.
• Out of square wheels. If you look at the front and rear tires and notice that they are not in the same direction.
Image Source Goodyear eu
Balancing is a procedure by which the weights of the tire and wheel are equalized to ensure that they do not vibrate at high speeds. This is to ensure that the weight is evenly distributed around the entire circumference of the wheel.
The wheels are mounted on a balancing machine, which tells the technician where there are areas with a difference in weight and he must put the same weight in the area opposite to this to counteract the force generated by the weight imbalance. Find more tips in incarsjuba.com/ there you will find useful tips, car maintenance, car care, reviews and more.